For years, the “pinch test” method has been the standard for measuring the performance of lubricious coatings. The FTS 6000 is a versatile instrument that makes creating, running, and analyzing these tests simple and fast. The FTS system quickly leads you through setting up a test protocol, storing the protocol in memory, running the test sample, and analyzing the results.
There’s no need to attach a separate PC—the FTS 6000 has its own 10.4 inch color touchscreen computer. The operator can easily transfer the FTS-generated data to a desktop computer by either connecting to your local network drive via Ethernet connection, or by simply inserting a USB flash drive.
- Precision, low-vibration vertical motion column
- Parallel clamping motion
- Versatile programmability
- Tabletop or floor-stand mounted models
- Convenient USB ports
To run a test, simply fasten the sample in one of three available FTS sample holders, select or modify a test protocol, and move the transport to the desired starting position. The FTS 6000 does the rest.
The FTS force gauge and clamp can be easily calibrated in just a few minutes using the Harland Calibration Kit.
Display of Results
As the test runs, the display shows the test results in both tabular and graphic form. An information bar at the bottom of the screen displays the name of the protocol you are running, the clamping force, and the measured pull force. After the test is complete, the result summary can be viewed on the touchscreen or sent to an external printer. The raw data can be exported to another computer via your network or with a USB flash drive.
The software built into the FTS 6000, combined with its color touchscreen interface, makes it easy for the operator to create, modify and store new protocols, and run those stored protocols on test samples. Password protection assures that only authorized personnel can create or edit test protocols.
Programmable test protocols include:
- Number of test cycles
- Clamping force
- Vertical transport velocity
- Vertical transport acceleration and deceleration time
- Programmed pauses in test cycle
- Select from 200, 600, or 1,000 gram capacity force gauge modules according to the type of samples being tested.
- Floor stand with casters and leveling feet. Includes extended water bath to 22 in. depth, which permits testing longer samples.
- Heated bath temperature range: 5° to 70° C above ambient.
- Various sample holders hold fine samples down to 0.055 inch diameter.
- Complete installation, maintenance, and service.
- Calibration Kit: includes clamp calibration fixture and a set of calibrated custom free weights.